Exercise: Knee To Chest Stretch
The knee-to-chest stretch is a basic exercise that targets the muscles of your lower back.
- Lie on your back on a firm surface with the backs of your heels flat on the floor.
- Gently pull one knee up to your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
- Keep the opposite leg relaxed in a comfortable position, with your knee bent or with your leg extended.
- Bring the knee as close to your chest as comfortably possible.
- Hold the stretch for about 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.
Always consult your doctor before starting a fitness program, especially if you have been inactive or have any health concerns. Remember to stop if you feel any pain. If in doubt, always consult your healthcare professional.
© GSK 2010. All rights reserved.