Exercise: Ankle Dorsiflexion And Plantarflexion Stretch
The Ankle Dorsiflexion And Plantarflexion Stretch is a simple way to help strengthen your ankle muscles.
- Begin by standing in front of a table, and place your hands on the table.
- Using the table to keep yourself stable, raise yourself up on your toes and remain on your toes for 6 seconds.
- Now slowly return to your original standing position and rock back on your heels.
- Hold this position for 6 seconds.
- Repeat entire sequence 6 times.
Always consult your doctor before starting a fitness program, especially if you have been inactive or have any health concerns. Remember to stop if you feel any pain. If in doubt, always consult your healthcare professional.
© GSK 2010. All rights reserved.